CCNA 1 v6.0 Chapter 9 Quiz Answers Cisco Last Update 2019
1. Network congestion has resulted in the source learning of the loss of TCP segments that were sent to the destination. What is one way that the TCP protocol addresses this?
The source decreases the amount of data that it transmits before it receives an acknowledgement from the destination.*
The source decreases the window size to decrease the rate of transmission from the destination.
The destination decreases the window size.
The destination sends fewer acknowledgement messages in order to conserve bandwidth.
2. What is an advantage of UDP over TCP?
UDP communication requires less overhead.*
UDP communication is more reliable.
UDP reorders segments that are received out of order.
UDP acknowledges received data.
3. Which action is performed by a client when establishing communication with a server via the use of UDP at the transport layer?
The client sets the window size for the session.
The client sends an ISN to the server to start the 3-way handshake.
The client randomly selects a source port number.*
The client sends a synchronization segment to begin the session.
4. Which number or set of numbers represents a socket?
5. Which two services or protocols use the preferred UDP protocol for fast transmission and low overhead? (Choose two)
6. Which transport layer feature is used to guarantee session establishment?
UDP ACK flag
TCP 3-way handshake*
UDP sequence number
TCP port number
7. What is the purpose of using a source port number in a TCP communication?
to notify the remote device that the conversation is over
to assemble the segments that arrived out of order
to keep track of multiple conversations between devices*
to inquire for a nonreceived segment
8. Refer to the exhibit.
What does the value of the window size specify?
the amount of data that can be sent at one time
the total number of bits received during this TCP session
the amount of data that can be sent before an acknowledgment is required*
a random number that is used in establishing a connection with the 3-way handshake
9. What is the purpose of the TCP sliding window?
to inform a source to retransmit data from a specific point forward
to request that a source decrease the rate at which it transmits data*
to end communication when data transmission is complete
to ensure that segments arrive in order at the destination
10. What OSI layer is responsible for establishing a temporary communication session between two applications and ensuring that transmitted data can be reassembled in proper sequence?
11. Which three fields are used in a UDP segment header? (Choose three.)
12. A client application needs to terminate a TCP communication session with a server. Place the termination process steps in the order that they will occur. (Not all options are used.)
step 1 —-> client sends FIN
step 2 —-> server sends ACK
step 3 —-> server sends FIN
step 4 —-> client sends ACK
13. What are three responsibilities of the transport layer? (Choose three.)
meeting the reliability requirements of applications, if any*
multiplexing multiple communication streams from many users or applications on the same network*
identifying the applications and services on the client and server that should handle transmitted data*
directing packets towards the destination network
formatting data into a compatible form for receipt by the destination devices
conducting error detection of the contents in frames
14. What type of applications are best suited for using UDP?
applications that are sensitive to delay*
applications that need reliable delivery
applications that require retransmission of lost segments
applications that are sensitive to packet loss