Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CCNA 1 v6.0 Chapter 8 Quiz Answers Cisco Last Update 2019
1. What is the subnet address for the IPv6 address 2001:D12:AA04:B5::1/64?
2. A network engineer is subnetting the 10.0.240.0/20 network into smaller subnets. Each new subnet will contain between a minimum of 20 hosts and a maximum of 30 hosts. Which subnet mask will meet these requirements?
3. Refer to the exhibit.
Which two network addresses can be assigned to the network containing 10 hosts? Your answers should waste the fewest addresses, not reuse addresses that are already assigned, and stay within the 10.18.10.0/24 range of addresses. (Choose two.)
4. An administrator wants to create four subnetworks from the network address 192.168.1.0/24. What is the network address and subnet mask of the second useable subnet?
subnet mask 255.255.255.192**
subnet mask 255.255.255.240
subnet mask 255.255.255.240
subnet mask 255.255.255.192
subnet mask 255.255.255.224
5. A network administrator subnets the 192.168.10.0/24 network into subnets with /26 masks. How many equal-sized subnets are created?
6. Three methods allow IPv6 and IPv4 to co-exist. Match each method with its description. (Not all options are used.)
The IPv4 packets and IPv6 packets coexist in the same network. —-> dual-stack
The IPv6 packet is transported inside an IPv4 packet. —-> tunneling
IPv6 packets are converted into IPv4 packets, and vice versa. —-> translation
7. A college has five campuses. Each campus has IP phones installed. Each campus has an assigned IP address range. For example, one campus has IP addresses that start with 10.1.x.x. On another campus the address range is 10.2.x.x. The college has standardized that IP phones are assigned IP addresses that have the number 4X in the third octet. For example, at one campus the address ranges used with phones include 10.1.40.x, 10.1.41.x, 10.1.42.x, etc. Which two groupings were used to create this IP addressing scheme? (Choose two.)
8. What does the IP address 192.168.1.15/29 represent?
9. What are two benefits of subnetting networks? (Choose two.)
combining multiple smaller networks into larger networks
reducing the size of broadcast domains*
decreasing the number of broadcast domains
grouping devices to improve management and security*
increasing the size of collision domains
10. How many host addresses are available on the 192.168.10.128/26 network?
11. A network administrator has received the IPv6 prefix 2001:DB8::/48 for subnetting. Assuming the administrator does not subnet into the interface ID portion of the address space, how many subnets can the administrator create from the /48 prefix?
12. Fill in the blank.
The last host address on the 10.15.25.0/24 network is __10.15.25.254__ .
13. Fill in the blank.
The network portion of the address 172.16.30.5/16 is __172.16__ .
14. Three devices are on three different subnets. Match the network address and the broadcast address with each subnet where these devices are located. (Not all options are used.)
Device 1: IP address 192.168.10.77/28 on subnet 1 Device 2: IP address192.168.10.17/30 on subnet 2 Device 3: IP address 192.168.10.35/29 on subnet 3
Subnet 1 network number —-> 192.168.10.64
Subnet 1 broadcast address —-> 192.168.10.79
Subnet 2 network number —-> 192.168.10.16
Subnet 2 broadcast address —-> 192.168.10.19
Subnet 3 network number —-> 192.168.10.32
Subnet 3 broadcast address —-> 192.168.10.39