CCNA 1 v6.0 Chapter 6 Quiz Answers Cisco Last Update 2019
1. What are two functions that are provided by the network layer? (Choose two.)
carrying data between processes that are running on source and destination hosts
providing end devices with a unique network identifier*
placing data on the network medium
directing data packets to destination hosts on other networks*
providing dedicated end-to-end connections
2. How does the network layer use the MTU value?
The network layer depends on the higher level layers to determine the MTU.
The network layer depends on the data link layer to set the MTU, and adjusts the speed of transmission to accommodate it.
The MTU is passed to the network layer by the data link layer.*
To increase speed of delivery, the network layer ignores the MTU.
3. Fill in the blank.
If there are two or more possible routes to the same destination, the _metric_ is used to determine which route is used in the routing table.
4. Refer to the exhibit.
Fill in the blank.
A packet leaving PC-1 has to traverse _3_ hops to reach PC-4.
5. Here is a link to the PT Activity.
Open the PT activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
Which interfaces in each router are active and operational?
R1: G0/0 and S0/0/0
R2: G0/0 and S0/0/0
R1: G0/1 and S0/0/1
R2: G0/0 and S0/0/1
R1: G0/0 and S0/0/0
R2: G0/1 and S0/0/0**
R1: G0/0 and S0/0/1
R2: G0/1 and S0/0/1
6. Within a production network, what is the purpose of configuring a switch with a default gateway address?
Hosts that are connected to the switch can use the switch default gateway address to forward packets to a remote destination.
A switch must have a default gateway to be accessible by Telnet and SSH.
The default gateway address is used to forward packets originating from the switch to remote networks.*
It provides a next-hop address for all traffic that flows through the switch.
7. Refer to the exhibit.
Using the network in the exhibit, what would be the default gateway address for host A in the 220.127.116.11 network?
8. Fill in the blank.
The acronym _PAT_ is used to define the process that allows multiple devices to share a single routable IP address.
9. Which IPv4 address can a host use to ping the loopback interface?
10. Which value, that is contained in an IPv4 header field, is decremented by each router that receives a packet?
11. Which portion of the network layer address does a router use to forward packets?
12. During the boot process, where will the router bootstrap program look for the IOS image by default?
13. When transporting data from real-time applications, such as streaming audio and video, which field in the IPv6 header can be used to inform the routers and switches to maintain the same path for the packets in the same conversation?
14. Fill in the blank.
A router may have to fragment a packet when forwarding it from one medium to another medium that has a smaller _maximum transmission unit_ .
15. Which key combination allows a user to abort setup mode?