Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CCNA 1 v6.0 Chapter 5 Quiz Answers Cisco Last Update 2019
1. Refer to the graphic.
H2 has sent a broadcast message to all of the hosts. If host H1 wants to reply to the broadcast message, which statement is true?
H1 sends a unicast message to H2, but the switch forwards it to all devices.
H1 sends a unicast message to H2, and the switch forwards it directly to H2.*
H1 sends a broadcast message to H2, and the switch forwards it to all devices.
H1 sends a multicast message to H2, and the switch forwards it directly to H2.
2. What is the decimal equivalent of the hexadecimal value of 3F?
3. Fill in the blank using a number.
The minimum Ethernet frame size is “64” bytes. Anything smaller than that should be considered a “runt frame.”
4. What is the primary purpose of ARP?
translate URLs to IP addresses
resolve IPv4 addresses to MAC addresses*
provide dynamic IP configuration to network devices
convert internal private addresses to external public addresses
5. Refer to the exhibit.
PC1 issues an ARP request because it needs to send a packet to PC3. In this scenario, what will happen next?
RT1 will forward the ARP request to PC3.
RT1 will send an ARP reply with its own Fa0/0 MAC address.*
RT1 will send an ARP reply with the PC3 MAC address.
SW1 will send an ARP reply with its Fa0/1 MAC address.
RT1 will send an ARP reply with its own Fa0/1 MAC address.
6. Which action is taken by a Layer 2 switch when it receives a Layer 2 broadcast frame?
It drops the frame.
It sends the frame to all ports except the port on which it received the frame.*
It sends the frame to all ports that are registered to forward broadcasts.
It sends the frame to all ports.
7. Fill in the blank.
On Ethernet networks, the hexadecimal address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF represents the “broadcast” MAC address.
8. When the store-and-forward method of switching is in use, what part of the Ethernet frame is used to perform an error check?
CRC in the tráiler*
source MAC address in the header
destination MAC address in the header
protocol type in the header
9. Which two functions or operations are performed by the MAC sublayer? (Choose two.)
It is responsible for Media Access Control.*
It performs the function of NIC driver software.
It adds a header and trailer to form an OSI Layer 2 PDU.*
It handles communication between upper and lower layers.
It adds control information to network protocol layer data.
10. Fill in the blank.
The Ethernet “MAC” sublayer is responsible for communicating directly with the physical layer.
11. Refer to the exhibit.
What is the destination MAC address of the Ethernet frame as it leaves the web server if the final destination is PC1?
12. Fill in the blank.
The binary number 0000 1010 can be expressed as “0A” in hexadecimal.
13. A Layer 2 switch is used to switch incoming frames from a 1000BASE-T port to a port connected to a 100Base-T network. Which method of memory buffering would work best for this task?
level 1 cache buffering
shared memory buffering*
fixed configuration buffering
14. What type of address is 01-00-5E-0A-00-02?
an address that reaches every host inside a local subnet
an address that reaches one specific host
an address that reaches every host in the network
an address that reaches a specific group of hosts*
15. When a switch configuration includes a user-defined error threshold on a per-port basis, to which switching method will the switch revert when the error threshold is reached?