Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CCNA 1 v6.0 Chapter 3 Quiz Answers Cisco Last Update 2019
This quiz covers the content in CCNA R&S Introduction to Networks Chapter 3. It is designed to provide an additional opportunity to practice the skills and knowledge presented in the chapter and to prepare for the Chapter 3 Exam.
1. Which message delivery option is used when all devices need to receive the same message simultaneously?
2. What layer of the TCP/IP protocol model determines the best path through the network?
3. At which layer of the OSI model would a physical address be encapsulated?
data link layer*
4. If the default gateway is configured incorrectly on the host, what is the impact on communications?
The host is unable to communicate on the local network.
The host can communicate with other hosts on the local network, but is unable to communicate with hosts on remote networks.*
The host can communicate with other hosts on remote networks, but is unable to communicate with hosts on the local network.
There is no impact on communications.
5. What three requirements are defined by the protocols used in network communcations to allow message transmission across a network? (Choose three.)
6. What is the general term that is used to describe a piece of data at any layer of a networking model?
protocol data unit*
7. What is the purpose of protocols in data communications?
specifying the bandwidth of the channel or medium for each type of communication
specifying the device operating systems that will support the communication
providing the rules required for a specific type of communication to occur*
dictating the content of the message sent during communication
8. Which layer of the OSI model defines services to segment and reassemble data for individual communications between end devices?
9. Why are open standards important in the data communications industry?
They are required for devices to gain access to the Internet.
They eliminate the threat of security breaches.
They enable interoperability between software and hardware from different vendors.*
They encourage network organizations to develop proprietary software to retain their competitive edge.
10. Which logical address is used for delivery of data to a remote network?
destination MAC address
destination IP address*
destination port number
source MAC address
source IP address
11. Fill in the blank.
The MAC address of a PC does not change when the PC is moved to a different network because the MAC address is embedded in the “NIC” of the PC.
12. Which three acronyms/initialisms represent standards organizations? (Choose three.)
13. What type of delivery uses data link layer addresses?
local and remote delivery
remote delivery using routers
14. What type of message is sent to a specific group of hosts?