Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CCNA 1 v6.0 Chapter 11 Quiz Answers Cisco Last Update 2019
1. Which command will block login attempts on RouterA for a period of 30 seconds if there are 2 failed login attempts within 10 seconds?
RouterA(config)# login block-for 10 attempts 2 within 30
RouterA(config)# login block-for 30 attempts 2 within 10*
RouterA(config)# login block-for 2 attempts 30 within 10
RouterA(config)# login block-for 30 attempts 10 within 2
2. A particular website does not appear to be responding on a Windows 7 computer. What command could the technician use to show any cached DNS entries for this web page?
3. Match the type of threat with the cause. (Not all options are used.)
hardware threats ——-> physical damage to servers, routers, switches, cabling plant, and workstations
environmental threats ——-> temperature extremes (too hot or too cold) or humidity extremes (too wet or too dry)
electrical threats ——-> voltage spikes, insufficient supply voltage (brownouts), unconditioned power (noise), and total power loss
maintenance threats ——-> poor handling of key electrical components (electrostatic discharge), lack of critical spare parts, poor cabling, and poor labeling
4. Which statement is true about Cisco IOS ping indicators?
‘!’ indicates that the ping was unsuccessful and that the device may have issues finding a DNS server.
‘U’ may indicate that a router along the path did not contain a route to the destination address and that the ping was unsuccessful.*
‘.’ indicates that the ping was successful but the response time was longer than normal.
A combination of ‘.’ and ‘!’ indicates that a router along the path did not have a route to the destination address and responded with an ICMP unreachable message.
5. A network technician is investigating network connectivity from a PC to a remote host with the address 10.1.1.5. Which command, when issued on a Windows PC, will display the path to the remote host?
6. What is considered the most effective way to mitigate a worm attack?
Change system passwords every 30 days.
Ensure that all systems have the most current virus definitions.
Ensure that AAA is configured in the network.
Download security updates from the operating system vendor and patch all vulnerable systems.*
7. Which element of scaling a network involves identifying the physical and logical topologies?
8. Which protocol is used by the traceroute command to send and receive echo-requests and echo-replies?
9. A small company has only one router as the exit point to its ISP. Which solution could be adopted to maintain connectivity if the router itself, or its connection to the ISP, fails?
Activate another router interface that is connected to the ISP, so the traffic can flow through it.
Have a second router that is connected to another ISP.*
Purchase a second least-cost link from another ISP to connect to this router.
Add more interfaces to the router that is connected to the internal network.
10. On which two interfaces or ports can security be improved by configuring executive timeouts? (Choose two.)
Fast Ethernet interfaces
11. What is one of the most effective security tools available for protecting users from external threats?
router that run AAA services
password encryption techniques
12. Refer to the exhibit.
The exhibited configuration is entered by a network administrator into a new router. Sometime later a network technician proceeds to log in to the router via a console connection. The technician enters techadmin as the user name and tries a password of 63t0ut0fh3r3!. What will be the result of this action?
ITN Chapter 11 Quiz Answers 01
The router will deny access and display an error message.
The router will deny access and display a banner message.
The router will display the DT_ATC_RS3> prompt.*
The router will be locked for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
13. How should traffic flow be captured in order to best understand traffic patterns in a network?
during low utilization times
during peak utilization times*
when it is on the main network segment only
when it is from a subset of users
14. Which process failed if a computer cannot access the Internet and received an IP address of 169.254.142.5?
15. An administrator wants to back up a router configuration file to a USB drive that is connected to the router. Which command should the administrator use to verify that the USB drive is being recognized by the router?
show file systems*
16. Fill in the blank.
Network services use __Protocols__ to define a set of rules that govern how devices communicate and the data formats used in a network.
17. What type of traffic would most likely have the highest priority through the network?