CCNA 1 v6.0 Chapter 1 Quiz Answers Cisco Last Update 2019
This quiz covers the content in CCNA R&S Introduction to Networks Chapter 1. It is designed to provide an additional opportunity to practice the skills and knowledge presented in the chapter and to prepare for the CCNA 1 Chapter 1 Exam.
1. Fill in the blank.
Refer to the exhibit.
This represents an example of an “internal” security threat to an organization.
2. What is a WAN?
a network infrastructure designed to provide data storage, retrieval, and replication
a network infrastructure that provides access to other networks over a large geographic area*
a network infrastructure that spans a limited physical area such as a city
a network infrastructure that provides access in a small geographic area
3. Match the Internet connectivity type to the appropriate description or characteristic. (Not all options are used.)
Metro Ethernet ——–> high-speed business class copper or fiber connection
satellite ——-> requires a dish and clear line of sight for service
SDSL ——-> business class service that provides the same upload and download speeds over telephone lines
cable ———> signal carried on the same copper or fiber medium as the television signal
cellular ——–> access via the cell phone network
4. What are two characteristics of a scalable network? (Choose two.)
easily overloaded with increased traffic
grows in size without impacting existing users*
is not as reliable as a small network
suitable for modular devices that allow for expansion*
offers limited number of applications
5. Which three devices are considered end devices in a network? (Choose three.)
6. Refer to the exhibit.
Match the example networks to the type of network. (Not all options are used.)
Network A ——–> MAN
Network B ——–> LAN
Network C ——–> WLAN
Network D ——–> WAN
7. Fill in the blank.
The “Arpanet” project started the development of inter-network connections using TCP/IP that has evolved into the Internet today.
8. How does BYOD change the way in which businesses implement networks?
BYOD requires organizations to purchase laptops rather than desktops.
BYOD users are responsible for their own network security, thus reducing the need for organizational security policies.
BYOD devices are more expensive than devices that are purchased by an organization.
BYOD provides flexibility in where and how users can access network resources.*
9. In which scenario would the use of a WISP be recommended?
an Internet cafe in a city
a farm in a rural area without wired broadband access*
any home with multiple wireless devices
an apartment in a building with cable access to the Internet
10. What is an ISP?
It is a standards body that develops cabling and wiring standards for networking.
It is a protocol that establishes how computers within a local network communicate.
It is an organization that enables individuals and businesses to connect to the Internet.*
It is a networking device that combines the functionality of several different networking devices in one.
11. A college is building a new dormitory on its campus. Workers are digging in the ground to install a new water pipe for the dormitory. A worker accidentally damages a fiber optic cable that connects two of the existing dormitories to the campus data center. Although the cable has been cut, students in the dormitories only experience a very short interruption of network services. What characteristic of the network is shown here?
quality of service (QoS)
12. Which statement describes a characteristic of a converged network?
A single network that delivers voice, video, and data to a variety of devices.*
Network services are delivered over a wide range of network platforms.
The network establishes separate communication channels for each network service.
The network uses different technologies for voice, video, and data.
13. During a routine inspection, a technician discovered that software that was installed on a computer was secretly collecting data about websites that were visited by users of the computer. Which type of threat is affecting this computer?
14. An employee wants to access the network of the organization remotely, in the safest possible way. What network feature would allow an employee to gain secure remote access to a company network?
15. Refer to the exhibit.
Which term correctly identifies the device type that is included in the area B?
16. Fill in the blank.
An “Intranet” is a private connection of LANs and WANs that belongs to an organization, and is designed to be accessible only by the members and employees of the organization, or others with authorization.